Development and support
This page contains information to support councils in their implementation of the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework, including the Integrated Planning & Reporting Guidelines and Manual, answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), a copy of the presentation made during the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework Information Sessions, and links to development and support resources which will assist in the implementation of this framework.
This page contains links to key resources rather than detailed information. Councils are also encouraged to share their ideas and successes with one another, for example by informing other NSW councils when plans and strategies are published. Click here to send information to all NSW councils (click here for conditions of use of this e-list).
Follow the links below for more information:
- Integrated Planning & Reporting Guidelines – the Guidelines set out the mandatory requirements of the Local Government Act and Regulation, and include additional requirements of the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework that councils must comply with.
- Integrated Planning & Reporting Manual – the Manual sets out the rationale and intent of the legislation and Guidelines. It also includes information for councils about implementing the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework, including tips and examples.
- Integrated Planning & Reporting Self-Assessment Checklist – this checklist enables councils to confirm that they have met each of the requirements of the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework, as described in the Guidelines.
- Key findings summary - some hints and tips for councils identified during the assessment of integrated planning documents from councils which applied for special rate variations (s508A) in 2010.
- Key findings – Group 1 reviews – further hints and tips for councils identified during the assessment of all Group 1 councils’ integrated planning documents.
- Community Strategic Plans: Group 1 councils – links to each of the Community Strategic Plans, and other related documents developed by Group 1 councils.
- Community Indicators report - a report prepared for the Office of Local Government which provides information for councils about what community indicators are and how they can be applied to the strategic planning process. The report also considers the application of the Community Indicators Victoria model in NSW.
- Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs – the FAQs provide detailed responses to questions relating to the development and implementation of the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework.
Additional Development and Support Resources
These resources provide tips, tools, examples, and other information to assist councils in their integrated planning and reporting activities. Councils may also find the Promoting Better Practice tools useful to support this work. For example, the Promoting Better Practice Program - self assessment checklist provides councils with an opportunity to assess their own progress against a range of indicators.