Local Government Professionals Big Night
Wendy Tuckerman – Minister for Local Government
Friday, 27 May 2022
Minister for Local Government Wendy Tuckerman has congratulated the winners from this year’s Local Government Professionals Awards Dinner, announced last night in Sydney.
Minister Tuckerman said the Awards, presented by Local Government Professionals NSW, celebrate excellence among council staff across the state.
“The achievements showcased at last night’s Awards demonstrate how hard council staff work every day for local communities, and I thank LG Professionals NSW CEO Vicki Mayo for the work she does to recognise their contribution”, Mrs Tuckerman said.
“In a difficult year dealing with lockdowns and natural disasters, they have stepped up when their communities have needed them, to support residents, families and local businesses across NSW.”
Awards were handed out in a number of main categories, with several presented in the NSW Local Government Excellence Awards.
“Across the state our 128 councils collectively employ 48,000 staff who deliver the infrastructure, facilities and services local residents need to create thriving, vibrant and connected communities,” Mrs Tuckerman said.
“I want to congratulate all the winners and nominees for their achievements in areas such as leadership, environment, community and operational performance.”
The NSW Local Government Excellence Award winners are:
- Asset and Infrastructure –
- Project over $1.5 million: Georges River Council
- Project under $1.5 million: Wollondilly Shire Council
- Community Development – Cumberland City Council
- Community Partnerships – Bland Shire Council
- Customer Experience – Northern Beaches Council
- Environmental Leadership – Randwick City Council
- Innovative Leadership –
- Population under 200,000 residents: Wollondilly Shire Council
- Population over 200,000 residents: Central Coast Council
- Risk Management – Campbelltown City Council
- Special Project Initiative –
- Population under 200,000 residents: City of Newcastle
- Population over 200,000 residents: Northern Beaches Council
- Organisational Diversity and Inclusion – Bellingen Shire Council
- People, Workplace, Wellbeing – City of Ryde Council
- Partnerships and Collaboration – Shellharbour City Council
- Supporting Local Enterprise – Burwood Council
The full list of winners can be found on the LG Professionals website.
Damien Bolte | Minister Tuckerman | 0498 359 624
|PDF Version||Ministerial Media Release – 27 May 2022|