More time to nominate in Ministers’ Awards for Women in Local Government
Shelley Hancock – Minister for Local Government
Wednesday, 12 February 2020
Local communities across the State have more time to applaud the achievements of female councillors and staff in their local council with the nomination period extended for the 2020 Ministers’ Awards for Women in Local Government.
Minister for Local Government Shelley Hancock said the nomination period for the awards, which recognise the invaluable contributions female councillors and council staff make daily to improve the lives of the people they represent and serve, has been extended to 19 February 2020.
“Local communities around NSW are made better thanks to the many exceptionally talented women in the 128 local councils around the State,” Mrs Hancock said.
“I encourage council staff, councillors and members of the community to join us in celebrating the contributions of inspirational women in NSW councils by making a nomination for the 2020 Ministers’ Awards for Women in Local Government.”
Award categories open for nominations are:
- Employment Diversity Award – a successful council program to increase female participation in senior leadership roles or at the elected representative level
- Elected Representative Award – a councillor who has advanced the position of female elected representatives
- Champion of Change Award – a general manager or senior manager who has excelled in supporting and encouraging women’s participation at their council
- Alternative Pathways Award – a female staff member who is the first to enter a role traditionally held by men or is breaking down gender stereotypes
- Young Achiever’s Award – an outstanding trainee/apprentice (aged under 25).
The annual awards, now in their 13th year, are an initiative of the Minister for Local Government and Minister for Women and celebrate the achievements of women in metropolitan, regional and rural councils.
The awards will be presented at an official function at Parliament House in Sydney on March 24.
Full details of the categories and information on how to make a nomination can be found at www.olg.nsw.gov.au.
Nicholas Story | 0438 255 020
|PDF Version of Media Release:||Ministerial Media Release – 12/02/2020 – More time to nominate in Ministers’ Awards for Women in Local Government – PDF|