Helping councils deliver for their communities
The NSW Government is continuing to support local councils so they can better deliver key services, facilities and infrastructure to their communities.
Minister for Local Government, Ms Gabrielle Upton, said this Government is committed to working collaboratively with local councils to strengthen their capacity to deliver for their residents.
“This Budget ensures the Office of Local Government continues to provide regulatory, monitoring and support programs for local councils,” Ms Upton said.
“The stronger the council, the better placed it is to roll out the quality infrastructure and services local communities both need and deserve.”
Budget highlights include:
- $98 million to help councils to deliver services and facilities for their local communities
- $79 million to help pensioners make ends meet by subsidising council rates and charges
- $31 million over 10 years for low interest loans so councils can invest in infrastructure to address housing affordability
- $15 million so councils provide better facilities through the Local Infrastructure
- $7 million to assist councils to prepare plans of management for Crown lands
- $2.6 million for continuing capital works improvements on Lord Howe Island.