Supporting and advising councils
The Office of Local Government supports and advises all local councils across NSW. Our purpose is to "strengthen the Local Government Sector” and our organisational outcome is “successful councils engaging and supporting their communities”.
We work collaboratively with the Local Government sector and we are the key adviser to the NSW Government on Local Government matters.
We support and advise councils through:
- the provision of guidelines and resources
- practice notes
- oversight of the Integrated Planning and Reporting Framework
- promoting better practice reviews
- the promotion of councillor diversity
- the provision of resources and support to councillors to assist them to understand their roles and responsibilities
Click on the topics to the left for more information about how we support and advise councils.