On 31 August 2021, the Minister for Local Government, the Hon Shelley Hancock MP, convened a formal Public Inquiry into Wingecarribee Shire Council.
The terms of reference for the Inquiry are to inquire and report to the Minister with respect to the following matters:
- Whether members of Council’s governing body fully understand their roles and responsibilities and have adequately, reasonably and appropriately carried out their roles and responsibilities during the current term of Council.
- Whether, during the current term of Council, there has been improper interference by the elected body of Council, or by individual councillors, in operational matters, with particular reference to staffing and planning functions.
- Whether members of Council’s governing body have been and will continue to be in a position to direct and control the affairs of Council in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993 and to otherwise fulfil its statutory obligations.
- Any other matter that warrants inquiry, particularly those that may impact on the effective administration of Council’s functions and responsibilities or the community’s confidence in the Council being able to do so.
The Minister has appointed Ross Glover as Commissioner to undertake the Inquiry.
Further information will be published on this webpage in due course.
- Wingecarribee Shire Council Public Inquiry – Notice of Public Inquiry and suspension of Councillors – PDF
- Postponement of elections for Wingecarribee Shire Council – PDF