On 14 October 2019 the NSW Government signed with Local Government NSW, on behalf of the NSW local government sector, a new Intergovernmental Agreement.
- Intergovernmental Agreement: To Guide NSW State-Local Government Relations on Strategic Partnerships – 2019 – PDF
The new agreement, among other features:
- reaffirms the Government’s commitment to providing funding to assist local councils to deliver infrastructure and services to their communities;
- supports delivery of the Premier’s priorities;
- ensures any potential impacts upon local government of State Government decisions are identified and appropriately considered; and
- reiterates the Government’s policy of no more forced council mergers.
Any queries regarding the agreement should be directed to the Office of Local Government.