Information about the Local Government Boundaries Commission
The Local Government Boundaries Commission is an independent statutory authority constituted under section 260 of the Local Government Act 1993 (the Act).
The Boundaries Commission has several functions under the Act. In summary its main functions are:
- to examine and report on any matter referred to it by the Minister in relation to the boundaries of local government areas and the areas of operation of county councils; and
- where a matter (as described in (i) above) has been referred to the Chief Executive of the Office of Local Government for examination and report, to review that Report and provide comments to the Minister.
The Commission’s four members are appointed by the Governor for a five-year term. They are:
- Mr Bob Sendt (Chairman)
- Councillor Rick Firman OAM
- Councillor Lesley Furneaux-Cook
- Mr Grant Gleeson
Of the four Commissioners, one (the Chairperson, Mr Bob Sendt) is nominated by the Minister for Local Government; one (Mr Grant Gleeson) is an officer of the Office of Local Government nominated by the Chief Executive; and two (Councillor Rick Firman OAM and Councillor Lesley Furneaux-Cook) are persons appointed from the panel constituted under section 262(1) of the Local Government Act 1993 (the members of this panel are nominated by Local Government NSW).
Executive Officer: Alice Beasley
Phone: (02) 4428 4160
Fax: (02) 4428 4199
Address: Locked bag 3015, Nowra, NSW 2541
- 13 November 2020 – Cootamundra Gundagai Key Findings from the Deloitte Financial Analysis
- 22 October 2020 – Snowy Valleys Key Findings from the Deloitte Financial Analysis
- 30 September 2020 – Boundaries Commission announces Public Inquiry dates for CGRC
- 24 September 2020 – Boundaries commission announces Public Inquiry dates for SVC
- 16 July 2020 – Boundaries Commission update on demerger proposals
- 1 April 2020 – Demerger Public Hearings Deferred
- 24 March 2020 – Boundaries Commission Calls for Public Submissions