Contact Us

The OLG Guarantee of Service sets out our commitment to delivering good service.

To maintain and improve the quality of the services we provide, we are committed to addressing feedback and resolving complaints fairly and thoroughly.

If you have compliments, complaints, or general feedback, use the ‘Your Feedback’ widget on the right hand side of the screen. You feedback will be sent to the right team to action. We will acknowledge your feedback within three working days with more details.

Complaints are handled in accordance with the External service related complaints policy – PDF


Common enquiries

  • Development applications and construction in your area

    Enquiries about council assessments / determinations should be made to council directly.

    If you have concerns about how a council has assessed / determined a development, see the section below on ‘Complaints about Council’.

    You can find ways to contact local councils here.


  • Allegations of corruption by councils

    Please report concerns about corruption by councils directly to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) by email, to, or using the online reporting form on ICAC’s website.


  • Complaints about Council

    In the first instance, complaints about a local council should be made directly to the council itself.

    If the complaint is in relation to concerns about the conduct of Councillors or council staff, it should be reported in writing to the general manager of the council, or to the Mayor in the case of alleged misconduct by the general manager.

    You can find ways to contact local councils here.

    Any alleged failure by Councillors or council staff to disclose or to appropriately manage pecuniary conflicts of interests should be reported to the Office of Local Government at

    If you have contacted council about a complaint and the matter has not been resolved, you can read more about the Office of Local Government’s council complaint resolution process here.



  • NSW Pet Registry enquiries

    Helpful advice on the NSW Pet Registry can be found on its website, along with ways you can contact the Pet Helpline team.


  • Legal questions and enquiries

    Information on legal services can be found at the Legal Information Access Centre.


  • Council rates and charges

    The Office of Local Government does not have powers to intervene with the setting of rates and charges. This is the responsibility of local councils.

    You can find ways to contact local councils here.


  • Council employee grievances

    For information and advice on grievances involving council employees, contact the Office of Industrial Relations, Unions NSW or a Trade Union.



  • Matters in your area (noise, drainage, fees and charges)

    Please contact your local council if you wish to discuss matters relevant to its management of its local government area, including:

    • Fees and charges
    • Drainage and stormwater
    • Noise
    • Monitoring and enforcement issues

    You can find ways to contact local councils here.


  • Dog attacks

    Dog attacks should be reported immediately to your local council.

    If a dog attack occurs outside local council hours, you may call your local police station. You can find your local police station here.

    You can find ways to contact local councils here.



  • Backyard swimming pools and spas

    For more information about swimming pool laws and the certification process, please contact NSW Fair Trading.

    You can also contact your council about pool inspections and compliance actions.

    You can find ways to contact local councils here.



  • OLG Website or Council Portal support

    If you experience a technical issue using the OLG Website or Council Portal please contacts your organisations IT department for initial support.

    If the issue persists please contact with “OLG Website or Council Portal support” in the subject line.

Office of Local Government

Street Address: 5 O’Keeffe Avenue, NOWRA NSW 2541
Postal address: Locked Bag 3015, NOWRA NSW 2541
Telephone: 02 4428 4100       (9.00am – 4.30 pm)
Interpreter Services: Please call us on 02 4428 4100 to request interpreter services

For Media Enquiries

Social Media

NSW Office of Local Government - FacebookNSW Office of Local Government - Youtube NSW Office of Local Government - Twitter NSW Office of Local Government - LinkedIn