The Office of Local Government provides support and advice to councils through the Local Government Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting.
OLG Financial Reporting Roadshow 2018
The Office of Local Government is conducting a series of information sessions on impending Accounting Standards and the auditing of financial reports which aim to support council finance staff in their roles relating to accounting and financial reporting.. There will also be an opportunity to discuss accounting issues and provide input in financial reporting policy and guidelines.
The information sessions will be held at 8 venues across NSW during March 2018, and are designed for council finance staff who play a role in the accounting and financial reporting functions.
The sessions will include
o an overview of the three new accounting standards that will apply to financial statements in the near future:
§ AASB 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers,
o AASB 1058 Income of Not-for-Profit entities
§ AASB 9 Financial Instruments, and
§ AASB 16 Leases
o 2016-17 auditing of financial reports (Audit Office observations and themes)
o discussion on accounting issues, policies and guidance.
WORKSHOP DATES & LOCATIONS
Draft Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting (update 26) for the 2017-18 reporting period
Presentation Slides and Video Recording
- Presentation slides - OLG - Draft Code of Accounting Practice and Finance Reporting (update 26)
- Video recording - OLG - Draft Code of Accounting Practice and Finance Reporting (update 26)
- OLG - Code #26 Questions and Answers (Q&As)
Documents are available in ‘Related Downloads’.
- The consultation period for the draft Code#26 closes 2 February 2018
- All Questions and any feedback to be provided to: firstname.lastname@example.org