Council Crown Land Managers - Resources
This page contains important resources for Council Crown land managers including:
- Key information about the transition process (including initial categorisation and developing plans of management for Crown reserves)
- Native title manager information
- Background information
KEY INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRANSITION PROCESS
The following section provides councils with key information about the transition process as well as leasing and licensing in the transition period (ie: until 30 June 2021 or a council adopts a plan of management for a Reserve).
It also contains a step by step guide to assist councils to undertake the transition process, providing guidelines, forms and training material about classification, initial categorisation and the development of plans of management for Crown reserves.
DPIE - Crown Lands has developed a Transition Guide to help local councils currently appointed to manage reserve trusts understand the changes for trusts and how to make any required corporate transition to the new arrangements.
Included in this document are:
- Understanding the changes: an overview of the transition changes and requirements for managers
- Transition checklist: a step-by-step checklist with supporting templates to help managers implement the transition activities. The checklist is provided as a guidance tool only and is not compulsory.
The Transition Guide can be downloaded here:
Lease and licence Fact Sheets and templates
DPIE - Crown Lands has revised their guidance to assist councils to understand leasing and short-term licencing arrangements under the transitional provisions of Crown Land Management Act 2016.
The Lease and Licence Fact Sheet which consolidates a number of earlier factsheets can be downloaded here:
- Lease and Licence Fact sheet - this fact sheet outlines the general lease and licence provisions introduced in 2018.
Additionally, DPIE - Crown Lands has developed the following templates for the use of Council Crown Land Managers in the transition period:
Further information about leasing and licensing on Crown Reserves can be found at the following DPIE – Crown Lands webpage.
Step by step guide to classification, initial categorisation and developing plans of management for Crown reserves
Councils much follow a four step process in transitioning to the new legislative framework.
Note: the table is the same as the previous version of the webpage
Review the Reserves for which council is Crown Land Manager, and consider classifications and initial categoriesPortal: Crown Land Reserves Manager Portal
Confirm community land classification of Reserves or seek operational classification if appropriate
Forms and support material:
Assign an initial category (for community land Reserves) and notify Minister for the Minister responsible for administering the CLM Act
Support material and forms:
Prepare plans of management for all community land Reserves (by 30 June 2021) and provide a copy of the draft plan to the Minister responsible for the CLM Act as landowner prior to public exhibition
Note: A summary of changes from the interim guideline to final guideline can be downloaded here.
Forms and templates:
NATIVE TITLE AND NATIVE TITLE MANAGER INFORMATION
This includes the Native Title Manager workbook, which is the key guidance document for Native Title Managers.
However, the following summary documents are also relevant Council Crown Land Managers:
For an introduction to the Crown Land Management Act 2016 for council Crown Land managers please see the following resources:
- For council staff - GM and Senior Staff briefing - Crown Land Management Act overview webcast
- For councillors - Webinar Presentation on Crown Land Management Act changes for councillors
Specific technical resources are arranged in accordance with the steps that council Crown land managers must complete to lawfully manage their Crown reserves, as set out below.
- Council Circular 18-15 Commencement of the Crown Land Management Act
- Council Circular 18-07 Council Crown Land Managers – General Manager and senior staff webinar
- Council Circular 17-42 Changes to Crown reserve management under the Crown Land Management Act 2016
Crown land manager reserves portal
Council Crown land managers can access the DPIE – Crown land manager reserves portal
The Council Crown Land Managers newsletter is released periodically providing council staff with information about important events, resources and developments.
To register please click here.
17 May 2019
28 February 2019
21 December 2018
16 November 2018
26 October 2018
24 September 2018
14 August 2018
19 July 2018
28 June 2018
|19 June 2018|
|1 June 2018|
|17 May 2018|
|3 May 2018|
|18 April 2018|
- Crown Land Management Regulation - April 2018
- A variety of other important resources for councils is available on the DPIE Crown Land legislation webpage
- Deemed Consent Fact Sheet – provides information for councils and other Crown Land Managers regarding land owners consent and section 2.23 of the CLM Act.
Related Links - External
- Council Crown Land Managers eNewsletter and Facebook page registration
- Council Crown Land Managers - Events
- Crown Land Reform - Further Information