Council Crown Land Managers - Resources
This page contains important resources for Council Crown land managers including:
- Webinar and presentation materials
- Guidelines, guidance and practice notes.
- Council Circular 18-15 Commencement of the Crown Land Management Act 2016
- Council Circular 18-07 Council Crown Land Managers – General Manager and senior staff webinar
- Council Circular 17-42 Changes to Crown reserve management under the Crown Land Management Act 2016
Crown land manager reserves portal
Council Crown land managers can access the Department of Industry – Crown land manager reserves portal
Frequently Asked Questions
- Native title Manager FAQs – July 2018
- Plans of Management FAQ – June 2018
- Native title FAQs – April 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Webinar FAQs
- Council Crown land management FAQs – February 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Newsletter – 24 September 2018 NEW
- Council Crown Land Managers Newsletter – 14 August 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Newsletter – 19 July 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Newsletter – 28 June 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Newsletter – 19 June 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Newsletter - 1 June 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Newsletter – 17 May 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Newsletter – 3 May 2018
Webinar and presentation materials
Council Crown Land Management Plans of Management Training webcast
This webcast is a condensed version of the face to face training sessions for council staff delivered by OLG and Department of Industry – Land and Water in August and September 2018.
The purpose of the training is to inform council staff of the requirements for developing compliant Plans of Management for Crown Reserves. However, the training also emphasises the importance of preparing for the POM process as early as possible, especially by ensuring that councils understand how the initial categorisation process acts as a critical gateway step to developing a POM.
This webcast provides an opportunity for those who missed the face to face sessions to understand the key information provided, but also allows staff who did attend the sessions to revisit the information.
The webcast is divided into two parts which can be viewed or downloaded separately:
1. Recap of transition arrangements (including the classification and initial categorisation process).
2. The PoM development and adoption process
NOTE: This webcast replaces the previously available Plan of Management webcast of 28 June 2018 and contains updated information.
Council Crown Land Management Classification and Categorisation of Crown reserves webcast – 29 May 2018
The webcast provided information about:
Council Crown Land Management GM and Senior staff webinar: Wednesday 21 March 2018
The Office of Local Government and Department of Industry – Crown Land and Water hosted a webinar for General Managers and senior staff with public land management responsibilities to provide information about:
- key issues for councils to consider in preparing for the commencement of the Crown Land Management Act later in 2018; and
- new tools for council staff to access timely and regular information and resources from OLG in the coming months.
Council Crown Land Management reforms – Streamlined presentation for councillors March 2018
This presentation is a streamlined version of the GM and Senior Staff webinar of 21 March 2018. It provides:
- an overview of the legislative changes and key impacts for councils
- the key matters councils will need to consider and make provision for in their management practices prior to the commencement of the new legislation later in 2018.
Councils are encouraged to use this as the basis of presentations to councillors.
Guidelines, guidance and practice notes
- Classification of Crown land managed by council Crown land managers – June 2018
- Guideline - Classification - Annexure A -Operational Land Classification Request Form
- Guideline - Classification - Annexure B - LG Act governance for community land
- Guideline - Initial categorisation of Crown land managed by local council Crown land managers
- Guideline - Initial categorisation - Annexure A - LG Act Objectives and guidelines
- Guideline - Initial categorisation - Annexure B - Categories guidance for reserve purpose(s)
- Guideline - Initial categorisation - Annexure C - Written notice of assigned categorisation form
INTERIM GUIDELINE – Developing Compliant Plans of Management (NEW)
- Plans of Management - Interim guideline July 2018 - For POM Training
- Interim Guideline - Plans of Management - Annexure A - Written notice of Plan of Management to DOI - FORM A Editable
- Interim Guideline - Plans of Management - Annexure B - Written notice of Plan of Management to DOI - FORM B category change but no additional purpose - Editable
- Interim Guideline - Plans of Management - Annexure C Ministerial Consent Request Form - Editable
- Interim Guideline - Plans of management - Annexure D - Compliant POM sample contents
Note: Final guidelines and associated materials will be released at the end of October 2018.
Transition Guide (NEW)
DOI – Land and Water has developed a Transition Guide to help local councils currently appointed to manage reserve trusts understand the changes for trusts and how to make any required corporate transition to the new arrangements.
Included in this document are:
Understanding the changes: an overview of the transition changes and requirements for managers
Transition checklist: a step-by-step checklist with supporting templates to help managers implement the transition activities. The checklist is provided as a guidance tool only and is not compulsory.
The Transition Guide can be downloaded here:
Lease and licence Fact Sheet and templates
DOI has also developed a Fact Sheet to assist councils to understand leasing and short-term licencing arrangements under the transitional provisions of Crown Land Management Act 2016.
The Lease and Licence Fact Sheet can be downloaded here:
Additionally, DOI has developed the following templates for the use of Council Crown Land Managers in the transition period:
- Crown Land Management Regulation - April 2018
- A variety of other important resources for councils is available on the DOI Crown Land legislation webpage