Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Skip to content

Bought or been given a dog or cat but have not received any paperwork - what should you do?

If you have bought or been given a dog or cat and you have not received any paperwork regarding the transfer of ownership on the NSW Companion Animals Register, you should contact the previous owner to ensure a Change of Owner/Details (C3A) form is sent to council.

If you cannot contact the previous owner, contact your local council who will advise on what documentation they require to transfer ownership of the cat or dog into your name. Your local council may require you to provide a statutory declaration establishing your claim to ownership, together with any supporting documents, such as a signed sales receipt.

Back to top