14-22 – Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program – call for applications
What’s new or changing
- The NSW Government has committed $900,000 over 3 years to the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program. (2014-15 through to 2016-17).
- Applications for the program can now be made.
What this means for your council
- The Grants Program is seeking to fund responsible pet ownership projects with a focus on innovation and collaboration, provide opportunities to promote better practice in responsible pet ownership, involve demonstrated collaboration between councils and other organisations and include a co-contribution from applicant councils and/or partners to the overall cost of the project.
- Applications must be sent to the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for applications is 5:00pm, Friday 3 October 2014.
- Year 1 funding applications can be made from Monday 25 August 2014.
- Individual councils may apply for up to $15,000 and a group of councils may submit a combined application for up to $50,000.
Where to go for further information
- The Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program Guidelines are available for download on the Office of Local Government’s website http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au
Acting Chief Executive
Office of Local Government