15-04 – Release of Fit for the Future Template 3 (Rural Council Proposal)
What’s new or changing
- The Fit for the Future Template 3 (Rural Council Proposal) and guidance material has been finalised, following consultation with the sector, and is now available to councils.
What this will mean for your council
- Councils which are considering the Rural Council Option will be able to continue preparing proposals for submission by 30 June 2015.
- Feedback received from councils during the consultation period has helped to refine the final Template and guidance material.
- The Template has been provided in PDF format. A Word version is also available. These documents are to help councils when drafting their proposals. Final Fit for the Future proposals will be submitted online, with the online facility available in the coming months.
- Councils should consider the Panel recommendations and the Rural Council Characteristics as a starting point.
- The OLG will be conducting a series of workshops in February to assist rural councils in using the tools and guidance material. Details of dates and venues will be provided directly to councils shortly.
Acting Chief Executive