15-19 – Fixing Country Roads – Grant Writing Workshops
What’s new or changing
- The next rounds of the NSW Government’s Fixing Country Roads grants program are expected to award up to $500 million over a ten year period. This will be complemented by a $400 million Fixing Country Rail program, targeting upgrades to the rail network connecting country NSW to ports.
- Transport for NSW (TfNSW) has initiated and developed a series of grant writing workshops to assist local councils to prepare grant applications and business cases for infrastructure projects. The workshops will be delivered by Shipley Asia Pacific, a TfNSW contractor.
What this will mean for your council
- The workshops are designed to assist council staff to write better grant applications, including how best to convey the benefits of the proposed infrastructure projects to government, industry and other stakeholders.
- The workshops are funded by TfNSW and will be hosted in conjunction with the Joint Organisation pilots and Regional Organisations of Councils.
- Participating councils will be provided with a tailored reference guide to preparing compelling grant applications.
- Councils are encouraged to register one week prior to the workshop to ensure a place in the workshop.
The proposed dates and locations are:
|Moruya – Monday, 15 June 2015||Temora – Tuesday, 23 June 2015|
|Orange – Wednesday, 17 June 2015||Dubbo – Friday, 26 June 2015|
|Sydney – Wednesday, 17 June 2015||Ballina – 29 June 2015|
|Moree – Friday, 19 June 2015||Sydney – Monday, 29 June 2015|
|Port Macquarie – Friday, 19 June 2015||Tamworth – Wednesday, 1 July 2015|
|Griffith – Monday, 22 June 2015||Maitland – Friday, 3 July 2015|
Where to go for further information
- To register, and for more information, please contact TfNSW Freight and Regional Development, Alexandra Thompson, via email email@example.com or on 02 8202 3822.