15-32 – Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program – Successful Applicants in Year Two
What’s new or changing
- Applications for year two of the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program have now been assessed and 28 projects with a total project value of $294,032 will receive funding.
- Commencing in 2014/15, the NSW Government committed $900,000 over 3 years to the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program.
- The 2016/2017 grants process will commence in the second quarter of 2016.
What this will mean for your council
- All applicants will receive correspondence from OLG in relation to their individual application.
- Successful applicants will be paid the full grant amount after returning their signed Funding Agreement to the OLG.
- All councils are encouraged to apply for funding in the third year of the program, which will open in the second quarter of 2016.
- The Grants Program seeks to provide funding to councils to target programs which will increase microchipping, lifetime registration and desexing rates and address dangerous dog issues in the community.
- The second round of applications closed on 26 June 2015 and a total of 33 applications were received.
- An Assessment Panel was established to make recommendations on funding and assess all applications in accordance with the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program Guidelines.
- It is anticipated that applications for year three of the grant funding program will be called for in the second quarter of 2016.
Where to go for further information
- A full list of successful applicants in the second year of the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program will be available on the Office of Local Government’s website https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/councils/responsible-pet-ownership-grants-program.