15-34 – Annual Code of Conduct Complaints Reporting
What’s new or changing?
- Under the Model Code of Conduct Procedures, each council’s complaints coordinator must report annually on a range of complaint statistics to their council and to the Office of Local Government within 3 months of the end of September.
- The Model Code of Conduct Complaints 2015 collection form has been updated in response to feedback from the sector and to align reporting with the Your Council (previously Comparatives) publication.
What this will mean for your council
- Councils are asked to return the collection form by 30 November 2015.
- The updated collection form has been emailed to all General Managers for completion by the complaints coordinator.
- The collection form should be returned electronically to the Office of Local Government at email@example.com. Instructions are included in an email to General Managers.
- The Office intends to publish this data.
Where to go for further information
- The Model Code of Conduct Procedures is available on the Office’s website at www.olg.nsw.gov.au.
- For further information, contact the Office’s Performance Team on 4428 4100.
Acting Chief Executive