15-35 – State Emergency Management Committee (SEMC) – Strategic Emergency Operations Centre Review – Inventory Survey
What’s new or changing?
- The deadline for completion of the inventory survey, which was distributed to councils via Regional Emergency Management Officers in late August 2015, has been extended to 30 October 2015.
- The survey forms part of the SEMC-endorsed review of emergency operations centres in New South Wales.
- The Review aims to “Deliver a suite of recommendations that will enhance multi-agency EOC arrangements within NSW and provide a clear understanding of the resources available, the resources that are required, and a best practice model which is sustainable into the future”.
What this will mean for your council
- Local Emergency Management Officers are encouraged to complete the survey by the above deadline date.
- The online survey is available at:
- Only one survey return per local government area should be submitted.
- The survey has been designed to meet an objective of the Review to inventory existing and proposed multi-agency emergency operations centre facilities, identifying those where co-location would be possible.
- The survey is a response to local councils’ desire to improve emergency operations centre operations though cost-sharing, co-location with combat agencies etc.
Where to go for further information
- Local Emergency Management Officers should direct any queries about the survey to Matthew Thompson, NSW Rural Fire Service, on (02) 8741 4942 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acting Chief Executive