15-38 – Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 – Certificate lodgement fees
What’s new or changing
- The NSW Building Professionals Board has received complaints that some councils are imposing fees and charges for the lodgement of Part 4A certificates and complying development certificates in excess of the $36.00 statutory limit.
- Councils are reminded that these certificate lodgement fees must comply with the provisions of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 (the Regulation) and the Local Government Act 1993.
What this will mean for your council
- The maximum fee of $36.00 applies regardless of whether certificates are lodged in person, via post or electronically.
- Councils cannot refuse certificates lodged in person or via post, nor can they charge an additional fee under the Local Government Act in these circumstances.
- The Office of Local Government commends the efforts of councils to shift to online systems and to make information and services more accessible.
- In doing so, however, councils must comply with the existing statutory requirements of the Regulation and the Local Government Act.
Where to go for further information
Further information may be obtained from the Building Professionals Board Telephone: (02) 9860 1800 (general enquiries) or via their website: http://bpb.nsw.gov.au/certifiers-councils/
Acting Chief Executive