16-06 – Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program – Year 3 (2016-17) – Call for applications
What’s new or changing
- The NSW Government committed $900,000 over 3 years to the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program (2014-15 through to 2016-17).
- Applications for the third year of funding for the Program can now be made.
What this will mean for your council
- The Program provides funds for responsible pet ownership projects with a focus on innovation and collaboration.
- Individual councils may apply for up to $15,000 and a group of councils may submit a combined application for up to $50,000.
- Projects should provide opportunities to promote better practice in responsible pet ownership, involve demonstrated collaboration between councils and other organisations, and include a co-contribution from applicant council/s and/or partners to the overall cost of the project.
- Councils can submit their applications using the template provided in the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program Guidelines (March 2016).
- Applications are to be sent to the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for applications is 5:00pm, Friday 29 April 2016.
Where to go for further information
- The Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program Guidelines (March 2016) and application template are available for download on the Office of Local Government’s website https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au
Acting Chief Executive