16-43 – Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program – Successful Applicants in Year Three
What’s new or changing
- Applications for year three of the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program have now been assessed and 35 projects with a total project value of $302,591 will receive grant funding.
- Starting in 2014-15, the NSW Government committed $900,000 over three years to the Grants Program.
What this will mean for your council
- All applicants will receive correspondence from Office of Local Government in relation to their individual application.
- Successful applicants will be paid the approved grant funding amount after returning their signed Funding Agreement to Office of Local Government.
- The Grants Program provides funding to councils to deliver projects that increase microchipping, lifetime registration and desexing rates and address the issue of dangerous dogs in the community.
- The third round of the Grants Program closed on 29 April 2016, with a total of 50 applications received.
- An Assessment Panel was established to make recommendations on funding and assess applications in accordance with the Responsible Pet Ownership Grants Program Guidelines.
Where to go for further information
- A list of successful applicants in the third year of the Grants Program is available on the Office of Local Government’s website at www.olg.nsw.gov.au
Acting Chief Executive