17-07 – Update to Integrated Planning and Reporting Manual – request for feedback
|Category: Circular to Councils||Status: Active|
|Circular Details: 17-07 / 9 May 2017 / A545468||Contact: Development Team / 02 4428 4100|
|Previous Circular: 13-08||Attachments: Nil|
|Who should read this: General Managers / staff responsible for Integrated Planning|
and Reporting activities in council
|Action required: Response to OLG|
|PDF Version:||Council Circular 17-07 – PDF|
What’s new or changing
- In response to recent amendments to the Local Government Act 1993, the Office of Local Government (OLG) is revising the Integrated Planning and Reporting Guidelines.
- To support councils to implement these changes in their future integrated planning and reporting practice, the Integrated Planning and Reporting Manual (Manual) is also being updated.
What this will mean for your council
- OLG is encouraging those who have used the Manual in the past to provide feedback on how an updated version of the Manual could be enhanced.
- The current version of the Manual can be found on the OLG website at: http://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/Intergrated-Planning-and-Reporting-Manual-March-2013.pdf
- Practitioner feedback will be used to enhance the updated Manual.
- OLG is inviting interested council staff to provide feedback via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OLG is seeking a broad range of views, but respondents might consider the following questions:
- How has the Manual supported your Integrated Planning and Reporting practice to date?
- What aspects of the Manual have been most helpful in supporting your Integrated Planning and Reporting practice?
- What aspects of the Manual have been least helpful?
- Are there particular aspects of Integrated Planning and Reporting practice that you think require more attention in the Manual? If yes, please describe.
- Is the Manual pitched appropriately? How could it be improved?
- Is the level of detail in the Manual appropriate? How could it be improved?
- Have you noted any errors or omissions during your use of the Manual? If so, please advise (providing page number or other reference).
- Can you suggest any good practice examples for any of the elements or processes of the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework? If yes, please provide details about this good practice.
- Is there any other feedback about the Manual that you’d like to provide?
Where to go for further information
- To discuss the Manual update further, please contact Ms Karen Legge in the Development Team on 02 4428 4182.
- Feedback should be sent to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 2 June 2017.
Acting Chief Executive