17-26 – 2017 “Hit the Ground Running” Councillor Workshops for councils with elections in September 2017 – promotional flyer and online registrations
What’s new or changing
- A promotional flyer has been produced to provide information to general managers and councillors about the upcoming “Hit the Ground Running” councillor workshops.
- The promotional flyer is attached to this Circular.
- Online registrations opened on Monday 11 September 2017 for general managers to enrol themselves and their councillors to attend one of the workshops.
What this will mean for your council
General managers are asked to:
- widely promote the workshops and strongly encourage attendance, including by putting relevant workshop dates/locations in the council calendar, including an item on the agenda of a Council meeting and providing information about the workshops (using the promotional flyer);
- co-ordinate the registration of councillors to attend a workshop; and
- attend one of the workshops to ensure awareness of the latest information provided to councillors by the Office of Local Government (OLG).
- Being a councillor is an important role that carries with it significant responsibilities to the community. Councillors owe it to their communities to take personal responsibility for their learning and to equip themselves with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform their role effectively.
- On-line registrations for the workshops will be accessible through the Fit for the Future secure council portal. If you don’t have a personal login, please apply for one here.
- To ensure that councillors do not miss out, general managers are asked to co-ordinate and register attendance as early as possible using the Fit for the Future login details.
Where to go for further information
- The promotional flyer is also available on the OLG’s website: www.olg.nsw.gov.au.
- Any queries about the workshops can be directed to your Relationship Manager via the One Stop Shop email address: email@example.com.
Acting Chief Executive