17-32 – 2017 Edition of the Councillor Handbook
|Category: Circular to Councils||Status: Active|
|Circular Details: 17-32 / 30 October 2017 / A568728||Contact: Council Governance Team / 02 4428 4100|
|Previous Circular: 16-39||Attachments: Nil|
|Who should read this: Councillors / General Managers / Governance staff||Action required: Information|
|PDF Version:||Council Circular 17-32 – PDF|
What’s new or changing
- The Office of Local Government has issued an updated edition of the Councillor Handbook.
What this will mean for your council
- General Managers and council governance staff should ensure councillors are aware of the availability of the Councillor Handbook on the Office of Local Government’s website.
- The Councillor Handbook is designed to help new and returning councillors to be effective in their role.
- The handbook is the go-to resource for all councillors during their electoral term and includes links to other useful resources.
- The handbook provides more detail on the topics covered in the “Hit the Ground Running” Councillor Workshops.
Where to go for further information
- The Councillor Handbook is available on the Office of Local Government’s website at www.olg.nsw.gov.au.
- For further information, contact the Council Governance Team on 4428 4100.
Acting Chief Executive