18-01 – Establishment of a Council Engagement Team
|Category: Circular to Councils||Status: Active|
|Circular Details: 18-01 / 9 February 2018 / A581427||Contact: Melissa Gibbs, Director Policy and Sector Development, (02) 4428 4174|
|Previous Circular: Nil||Attachments: Nil|
|Who should read this: Councillors / General Managers / All council staff||Action required: Information|
|PDF Version:||Council Circular 18-01 – PDF|
What’s new or changing
- OLG is changing the way it engages with councils.
- A key step is the establishment of a Council Engagement Team.
What this will mean for your council
The Council Engagement Team will:
- work closely with councils and Joint Organisations
- identify emerging issues and opportunities for OLG to address
- implement programs to support improved council performance
- build working relationships with State agencies.
OLG will be establishing six new positions – Council Engagement Managers – to work more closely with councils across the state.
The Council Engagement Team will include six new Council Engagement Manager positons, whose role will be to:
- develop and build relationships with councils and Joint Organisations
- determine and identify emerging issues affecting councils and those that are likely to eventuate; and identify solutions and initiatives to respond
- provide information and assistance to councils on State Government policy priorities
- facilitate effective working relationships between State and local government agencies and improve collaboration and support
- develop and deliver programs to support councils.
Council Engagement Managers will travel extensively, and will work with clusters of councils on a regional basis.
The Council Engagement Team will work closely with the Department of Premier and Cabinet’s regional directors and established regional collaboration processes.
Some Council Engagement Managers will be based in Sydney to work with councils in the metropolitan area.
Recruitment action has commenced, and appointments should be finalised by the end of March 2018.
Where to go for further information
- Once appointed, Council Engagement Managers will be in touch with councils to further outline their role and to discuss how councils would like to engage with the Council Engagement Team.
- In the meantime, please contact Melissa Gibbs, Director Policy and Sector Development at OLG on (02) 4428 4174 or email@example.com for further information
Acting Chief Executive