18-07 – Council Crown Land Managers – General Manager and senior staff webinar
|Category: Circular to Councils||Status: Active|
|Circular Details: 18-07 / 12 March 2018 / A584389||Contact: Mr Glen Colley/ Policy Team / 02 4428 4129|
|Previous Circular: 17-42||Attachments: Nil|
|Who should read this: General Managers / Senior staff||Action required: Response to OLG|
|PDF Version:||Council Circular 18-07 – PDF|
What’s new or changing
- The Office of Local Government and the Department of Industry – Crown Land will be co-hosting a webinar for council General Managers and senior staff with public land management responsibilities from 10.30am to 12.00pm on Wednesday 21 March 2018.
- Webinar RSVP instructions are contained in the attachment to this Circular and will also be emailed through to councils separately.
What this will mean for your council
- The webinar will provide information about:
– key issues for councils to consider in preparing for the commencement of the Crown Land Management Act later in 2018
– new tools for council staff to access timely and regular information and resources from OLG in the coming months.
- Following the webinar, General Managers and senior staff will be provided with a slide package designed to brief councillors about the impact of the changes on their council.
Where to go for further information
- The first in a series of Frequently Asked Questions for council Crown land managers was recently published on OLG’s website at: www.olg.nsw.gov.au/crownland
- General Managers and senior staff should read the FAQs before attending the webinar and ensure that they are bought to the attention of relevant staff.
- Enquiries about the webinars, the future management of Crown reserves under the LG Act and support material should be directed to OLG’s Crown Land Project Officer, Glen Colley on 0419 002 541 or by email at: email@example.com
- Information about the broader Crown land reform program can be obtained at the Department of Industry – Crown Land website at: https://www.crownland.nsw.gov.au/crown_lands/comprehensive_review_of_nsw_crown_land_management
- Enquiries about the broader reforms can also continue to be directed to the Department of Industry — Land and Water on 1300 886 235 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acting Chief Executive