18-17 – End of Year Financial Reporting 2017-18
What’s new or changing
- End of year financial reporting information has been updated for 2017-18.
What this will mean for your council
- Councils need to review the attached end of year financial reporting information and apply it when completing their Financial Statements and their Financial Data Return (FDR).
- Annexure 1 provides information to assist councils prepare their 2017-18 Financial Statements.
- The Office of Local Government (OLG) will issue the FDR worksheets in the new financial year.
- The Financial Statements and FDR are to be sent electronically to OLG by 31 October 2018. Detailed instructions on how and where to email these are included in the Annexure.
- GST certificates should be emailed to email@example.com (see Circular 11-23).
Where to go for further information
- The Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting (Update No. 26) is available on OLG’s website at www.olg.nsw.gov.au.
- Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting Circular 18-10, issued 18 April 2018.
Acting Chief Executive