19-26 Councils are invited to visit OLG’s trade exhibition display booth at the LGNSW Conference 14-16 October, Warwick Farm
What’s new or changing
- Mayors, councillors and general managers are encouraged to visit the OLG trade exhibition display (stalls 21 and 22), to speak with OLG staff or ask any questions about OLG programs and initiatives.
- Information will be available on a range of topics such as joint organisations, the model code of conduct, model code of meeting practice, and NSW rock fishing legislation.
What this will mean for your council
- This is a good opportunity for delegates to obtain information about OLG initiatives and programs first hand or to discuss issues or concerns with OLG directly.
- The LGNSW Conference is the annual policy-making event for NSW councils and associate members. It is well attended by mayors/deputy mayors, councillors, general managers and senior staff.
- The Premier, the Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP and the Minister for Local Government, the Hon. Shelley Hancock MP are scheduled to address the conference at the “Meet the Politicians Breakfast” on 14 October, 2019. The Deputy Premier, key Ministers and parliamentarians will participate in a panel discussion to outline priorities over the next 12 months.
Where to go for further information
- More information about the conference is available from the LGNSW website at https://lgnsw.org.au/events-training/local-government-nsw-annual-conference.
Acting Deputy Secretary
Local Government, Planning and Policy