20-07 Department of Premier and Cabinet circulars on employment arrangements and international and domestic travel in relation to novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
|Category: Circular to Councils||Status: Active|
|Circular Details: 20-07 / 13 March 2020 / A695480||Contact: Council Governance Team/ 02 4428 4100/ firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Previous Circular: 20-06 – PDF||Attachments: Nil|
|Who should read this: General Managers / Human Resources staff||Action required: Information / Council to Implement|
|PDF Version:||Council Circular 20-07 – PDF|
What’s new or changing?
- The Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) issued two circulars on 12 March 2020 in relation to COVID–19.
- The first DPC circular, (C2020-01), relates to employment arrangements in relation to COVID-19. Circular C2020-01 provides guidance on sick leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, and arrangements for employees who are excluded from the workplace or who are unable to attend work for other reasons. The circular is available here.
- The second DPC circular, (C2020-02), provides advice on international and domestic travel and transport in relation to COVID-19. The circular suggests that all proposed domestic and international travel should be re-evaluated based on the advice available at www.smartraveller.gov.au and that international and domestic travel should be restricted to essential travel only. The circular is available here.
What this will mean for your council
- Both circulars apply to NSW public sector agencies. Contrary to the advice contained in each circular, councils are not required to comply with them.
- However, councils are encouraged to consider the guidance provided in each circular and to take their own steps to implement that guidance where practicable.
Where to go for further information
- For further information please contact the Council Governance Team on 02 4428 4100 or by email at email@example.com.
Local Government, Policy and Planning