20-16 COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Package
|Category: Circular to Councils
|Circular Details: 20-16 / 13 May 2020 / A702650
|Contact: Performance Team and Council Engagement Team / 02 4428 4100 / email@example.com
|Previous Circular: Nil
|Who should read this: General Managers and Responsible Accounting Officer
|Action required: Information / Council to Implement
|Council Circular 20-16 – PDF
What’s new or changing
- The Office of Local Government (OLG) has released three new resources that will assist councils to apply for the Council Job Retention Allowance Subsidy, a key element of the COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Package.
What this will mean for your council
- The following documents are now available:
- Councils are encouraged to submit the FSER to access the JRA Subsidy.
- OLG will inform councils of the outcome of its assessment of the FSER.
- All councils will be invited to enter into a funding agreement to benefit from the Stimulus Package.
- The JRA Guidelines, Eligibility Criteria and FSER are available for download from the COVID-19 page on OLG’s website.
- A council’s FSER will be its application for the JRA Subsidy.
- The FSER should be
completed and emailed to FSER@olg.nsw.gov.au by
22 May 2020. Late submissions will be considered but may delay payment of the JRA Subsidy.
- Councils who do not wish to access the JRA do not need to submit a FSER.
Where to go for further information
- Councils should contact OLG’s Performance Team about the Eligibility Criteria and the FSER, and their Council Engagement Manager about the Stimulus Package or in relation to other COVID-19 matters.
Local Government, Planning and Policy