21-16 Annual Report and Annual Performance Statement Checklists
|Circular Details||21-16 / 30 June 2021 / A773314|
|Previous Circular||19-28 Annual Report and Annual Performance Statement Checklists|
|Who should read this||Councillors / General Managers / All council staff / Joint Organisations/Executive Officers|
|Contact||Performance Team / (02) 44284100 / email@example.com|
|Action required||Council and Joint Organisations to Implement|
|PDF Version||21-16 Annual Report and Annual Performance Statement Checklists – PDF|
What’s new or changing
- An annual report checklist has been drafted for councils.
- An annual performance statement checklist has been drafted for Joint Organisations (JOs)
What this will mean for your council
- Councils can use the annual report checklist and JOs can use the annual performance statement checklist to ensure that all the information required under the Local Government Act 1993 (Act), the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 and other relevant legislation and guidelines is included within their annual report and annual performance statement.
- Under the Act, councils must prepare an annual report and JOs an annual performance statement within five months after the end of the financial year.
- Councils and JOs must upload a copy of the annual report to their website and provide a copy to the Minister for Local Government and such other persons and bodies as regulations require. Councils and JOs should notify the Minister by providing a URL link to the Office of Local Government (OLG) (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Councils should ensure they report performance against targets, outcomes, efficiency and cost effectiveness over time.
- JOs should ensure they report as to their progress in implementing strategies and plans for delivering strategic regional priorities.
Where to go for further information
- The annual report and annual performance statement checklists are available on OLG’s website at https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/councils/policy-and- legislation/guidelines-and-policy-information-resources-for-councils/council-annual-reporting-requirements/
Planning Delivery and Local Government