21-21 Accounting and Financial Reporting Fundamentals – Information session
|Circular Details||21-21 / 6 August 2021 / A773025|
|Who should read this||Councillors / General Managers / All council staff|
|Contact||Policy Team / (02) 4428 4100 / email@example.com|
|PDF version||21-21 Accounting and Financial Reporting Fundamentals – Information session|
What’s new or changing
- The Office of Local Government (OLG) has developed a 1-hour information session about the fundamental aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- The recording is available on OLG’s Council Portal and on OLG’s YouTube channel.
- OLG encourages councils to widely circulate this recording to councillors and staff.
What this will mean for your council
- Councils manage significant finances on behalf of their communities.
- Many staff and all councillors play a key role in council financial decision making and it is vital decision makers hold an adequate level of financial literacy.
- To support this, OLG has developed a 1-hour information session on the fundamental aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- The information session is delivered via an audio recording and PowerPoint presentation.
- This back to basics financial information session adds to OLG’s growing suite of financial and accounting resources.
Where to go for further information