21-23 End of Year Financial Reporting 2020-21
|Circular Details||21-23 / 10 August 2021 / A782839|
|Previous Circular||20-36 End of Year Financial Reporting 2019-20|
|Who should read this||Finance Staff / General Managers|
|Contact||Performance Team / 4482 4100 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Action required||Information /Council to Implement|
|PDF Version||21-23 End of Year Financial Reporting 2020-21|
What’s new or changing
- End of year financial reporting information for 2020/21.
What this will mean for your council
- Councils and Joint Organisations need to review the attached end of year financial reporting information when completing their 2020/21 Financial Statements and Financial Data Return (FDR) (yet to be issued).
- Annexure 1 provides information to assist councils prepare their 2020/21 Financial Statements.
- Annexure 2 provides information to assist joint organisations (JO) prepare their 2020/21 Financial Statements.
- The Financial Data Return (FDR) will be sent under separate cover with an explanatory email and will be available on the OLG Council Portal, in due course.
- The Financial Statements and FDR are to be sent electronically to OLG by 31 October 2021.
- Detailed instructions on how and where to email these are included in the Annexures.
- GST certificates should be emailed to email@example.com (see Circular 05-26 & 11-23).
Where to go for further information
- The Local Government Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting (Code) for 2020/21 is available on OLG’s website at www.olg.nsw.gov.au/councils/council-finances/financial-reporting/local-government-code-of-accounting-practice-and-financial-reporting/
- Circular to Councils 20-40, issued 11 December 2020 is available on OLG’s website at www.olg.nsw.gov.au/council-circulars/20-40-local-government-code-of-accounting-practice-and-financial-reporting-2020-21/