22-17 Increase in tendering threshold for natural disaster response and recovery related contracts
|Circular Details||Circular No 22-17 / 10 June 2022 / A824946|
|Who should read this||Councillors / General Managers / All council staff|
|Contact||Council Governance Team / 02 4428 4100 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|PDF Version||22-17 Increase in tendering threshold for natural disaster response and recovery related contracts|
What’s new or changing
- The Local Government (General) Regulation 2021 has been amended to prescribe a tendering threshold of $500k for contracts entered into by councils for the purpose of responding to, or recovering from, a declared natural disaster within 12 months of the declaration of the natural disaster.
What this will mean for your council
- The amendment means that councils are not required to tender prior to entering into a contract with a value of less than $500k where the contract:
- is primarily for the purpose of response to or recovery from a “declared natural disaster”, and
- is entered into within 12 months after the date on which the natural disaster is declared.
- The phrase, “declared natural disaster”, is defined in the Regulation to mean a natural disaster that has been declared in relation to the area of a council by either:
- a Natural Disaster Declaration for the purposes of the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements jointly administered by the Commonwealth and the States and Territories, or
- a declaration under the State Emergency and Rescue Management Act 1989, section 33.
Where to go for further information
- For further information please contact the Council Governance Team on 4428 4100 or by email at email@example.com.