22-32 Update to Your Council website to include housing, employment and population projection data
|Circular No 22-32 / 1 November 2022 / A823088
|Who should read this
|General Managers / All council staff
|Performance Team / 4428 4100 / email@example.com
|22-32 Update to Your Council website to include housing, employment and population projection data
What’s new or changing
- Following consultation between the Office of Local Government (OLG) and the Department of Planning and Environment (DPE), councils will have efficient access to its data on housing, employment, and population through the Your Council website.
- DPE Digital Services (previous Strategy and Innovation) will no longer distribute hard-copy data packs, and this information will now be easily obtained from the Your Council website.
- New tabs have been added to the portal for population, housing, and employment data.
- The Your Council platform has consolidated this information for councils to be able to view, analyse and print.
What this will mean for your council
- DPE uses the same data and makes it publicly available through different mediums. This initiative is to improve the ease of use, transparency and consistency through this one platform.
- Each of the new tabs will include links to relevant data and information for improved efficiency.
- Further improvement and updates are planned for Your Council which will be released over coming months.
- Council hard-copy data packs have been replaced by a flexible online access point where users can interrogate and use links to source data.
- The Your Council website will become a one-stop shop for all council data.
- The data will be more readily accessible and available to community and council staff.
Where to go for further information
- For further information, contact OLG on (02) 4428 4100
- Access Your Council website at https://www.yourcouncil.nsw.gov.au/