15-06 – Information and Privacy Commission – Privacy Governance Framework
What’s new or changing
- The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) has launched the Privacy Governance Framework (PGF), a new resource to help councils manage their responsibilities under the NSW privacy regime.
What this will mean for your council
- IPC suggests councils and county councils include the PGF in their internal governance to help better understand and address their roles and responsibilities in relation to privacy management.
- The PGF is an online interactive tool designed to assist NSW public sector agencies to;
- understand the NSW privacy and personal information protection framework;
- identify how the NSW privacy regime can be effectively implemented; and
- help agencies identify, measure and resolve privacy risks to comply with NSW privacy legislation.
Where to go for further information
- The PGF can be found at: http://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au/privacy-governance-framework
- Contact IPC directly for further information: Telephone: 1800 472 679 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acting Chief Executive