19-11 Release of IPART Reports into rating and compliance matters for consultation
What’s new or changing
- The Government is releasing the final reports on three IPART reviews for feedback prior to developing final responses including:
- Review of the Local Government Rating System,
- Review of Reporting and Compliance Burdens on Local Government, and
- Review of Local Government Compliance and Enforcement.
What this will mean for your council
- Councils are encouraged to provide feedback on the recommendations in each report by the relevant closing dates to further inform the Government’s response.
- The reviews focused on complex areas of government regulation that require detailed consideration.
- Together the recommendations propose changes to local government which, if implemented, will have a significant impact on councils and communities.
- Some of the recommendations have already been implemented through other reform initiatives. These are clearly identified in the consultation materials.
- There are also a number of recommendations that the government has ruled out, because they may have adverse impacts on vulnerable members of the community, affect regional jobs and economies, or substantially increase costs for taxpayers and the broader community.
- These matters are marked “Not for consultation” on the feedback form.
- Closing dates for submissions have been staggered to allow councils, businesses and other community members time to consider each report individually.
|IPART Review report||Consultation closes||Contact email address
|Review of the local government rating system||13 September firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Review of reporting and compliance burdens on local government||25 October email@example.com|
|Review of local government compliance and enforcement||15 November firstname.lastname@example.org|
Where to go for further information
- Further information can be found on OLG’s website at www.olg.nsw.gov.au/strengthening-local-government/ipart-local-government…, including links to the reports, a short Consultation Guide on each report and online feedback forms.
- Feedback should be provided via the feedback form on the website.
- Questions on the consultation process for each report may be sent to the relevant email address above or by contacting OLG’s Policy Team on 02 4428 4100.