The approved Contract of Employment for General Managers must be used by councils when appointing general managers, and the Standard Contract of Employment for Senior Staff used by general managers when they are appointing senior staff. The standard contracts ensure consistency and certainty in employment relationships at the executive level in local government and reflect community expectations by providing greater transparency and accountability.
Click on the links below for information about standard contracts of employment for General Managers and senior staff.
- Guidelines for the Appointment and Oversight of General Managers – PDF
- Standard contract of employment for General Managers – PDF
- Standard contract of employment for Senior Staff – PDF
- Council Circular 11-14 – Guidelines for the Appointment and Oversight of General Managers
- Council Circular 06-52 – Standard Contract of Employment General Managers of Local Councils in NSW and Standard Contract of Employment for Senior Staff (other than General Managers) of Local Councils in NSW