Every local council in NSW participates in the management of Crown reserves as an appointed CLM. Together, councils manage more than 6,000 Crown reserves. In many cases, councils also rely on volunteer groups and individuals to provide management support.
NSW Crown land now holds all resources and templates.
Native title and native title manager information
The primary source of information for councils regarding Native title and the role of Native title managers is the DPE – Crown Lands Native Title webpage.
This includes the Native Title Manager workbook, which is the key guidance document for Native Title Managers.
An online Native title manager e-learning resource has also been developed to increase knowledge of native title legislation as it applies to the management of Crown land and to help Crown Land Managers in providing native title advice.
This e-learning resource is a supplementary guidance tool to the approved native title training and the Native Title Manager Workbook. It is not a replacement of the approved native title manager training which all native title managers are required to complete.
The resource is available here https://nativetitlemanager.crownland.nsw.gov.au
The following summary documents are also relevant Council Crown Land Managers:
For an introduction to the Crown Land Management Act 2016 for council Crown Land managers please see the following resources:
- For council staff – GM and Senior Staff briefing – Crown Land Management Act overview webcast
- For councillors – Webinar Presentation on Crown Land Management Act changes for councillors – PDF
Specific technical resources are arranged in accordance with the steps that council Crown land managers must complete to lawfully manage their Crown reserves, as set out below.
- Council Circular 21-09 Crown Lands – Plans of Management – Funding extension
- Council Circular 18-15 – Commencement of the Crown Land Management Act 2016
- Council Circular 18-07 – Council Crown Land Managers – General Manager and senior staff webinar
- Council Circular 17-42 – Changes to Crown reserve management under the Crown Land Management Act 2016
The Council Crown Land Managers newsletter was released periodically providing council staff with information about important events, resources and developments.
- External Links
- Other Links
- Crown Land Management Regulation – April 2018
- A variety of other important resources for councils is available on the DPE Crown Land Legislation webpage
- Deemed Consent Fact Sheet – provides information for councils and other Crown Land Managers regarding land owners consent and section 2.23 of the CLM Act.
- OLG Links