18-11 Companion Animals Regulation 2008 Review
Date: Monday 23rd April 2018
Category: Council Circular
|Circular Details||Circular No 18-11/ 23 April 2018 / A585581|
|Who should read this||General Managers / Rangers / Pounds|
|Contact||Policy Team / 02 4428 4100 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Action required||Response to OLG|
|PDF Version of Circular||18-11 Companion Animals Regulation 2008 Review|
What’s new or changing
- The Companion Animals Regulation 2008 (the Regulation) is undergoing statutory review by the NSW Government. The Regulation, which is made under the Companion Animals Act 1998, provides key information about how companion animals (pet cats and dogs) are identified, registered and managed in NSW.
What this will mean for your council
- In accordance with requirements for the making and review of subordinate legislation, a Draft Regulation and Regulatory Impact Statement have been prepared for public consultation and comment.
- The preparation of these documents was informed by responses to the Companion Animals Regulation Discussion Paper consultation in 2017.
- The documents are available on the Office of Local Government website www.olg.nsw.gov.au.
- Submissions are now invited and may be submitted online via the website or by posting to Locked Bag 3015 Nowra NSW 2541.
- Submissions may be submitted until 5.00pm Tuesday 22 May 2018.
Acting Chief Executive