How to have your say in council
Local communities can have a say in what their council does and how it does it.
There are a number of ways you can participate in council affairs:
- vote in elections, referendums or polls
- run for election as a councillor
- attend council meetings
- participate in council committees
- look at council documents and provide feedback to the council
- participate in the development of council plans or policies
- give feedback.
Contact your local council for more information about how you can have your say.