19-15 End of Year Financial Reporting 2018-19
|Category: Circular to Councils||Status: Active|
|Who should read this:||Action required:|
|PDF Version:||Council Circular 19-15 – PDF|
What’s new or changing
- End of year financial reporting information has been updated for 2018-19.
What this will mean for your council
- Councils need to review the attached end of year financial reporting information and apply it when completing the Financial Statements and Financial Data Return (FDR).
- Annexure 1 provides information to assist councils prepare 2018-19 Financial Statements.
- Annexure 2 provides information to assist joint organisations (JO) prepare 2018-19 Financial Statements.
- The Financial Data Return (FDR) was emailed to councils on 5 July 2019.
- The Financial Statements and FDR are to be sent electronically to OLG by 31 October 2019. Detailed instructions on how and where to email these are included in the Annexures.
- GST certificates should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (see Circular 11-23).
Where to go for further information
- The Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting (Code) – Update No. 27is available on OLG’s website at https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/strengthening-local-government/supporting-and-advising-councils/accounting-practice.
- Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting Circular 19-04, issued 29 March 2019.
Acting Deputy Secretary, Local Government, Planning and Policy