20-30 COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Package – 2020-21
|Category: Circular to Councils||Status: Active|
|Circular Details: 20-30 / 05 August 2020 / A713952||Contact: Performance Team and Council Engagement Team / 02 4428 4100 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Previous Circular: 20-16||Attachments: |
Financial Stimulus Eligibility Return – Quarter 1 2020-21 – XLS
Financial Stimulus Eligibility Criteria 2020-21 – PDF
|Who should read this: General Managers and Responsible Accounting Officer||Action required: Information / Council to Implement|
|PDF Version:||Council Circular 20-30 – PDF|
What’s new or changing
The Office of Local Government (OLG) has released updated resources that will assist councils to apply for the Council Job Retention Allowance Subsidy for the first quarter 2020-21 (Q1), a key element of the COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Package.
What this will mean for your council
- The following documents are now available:
- Guidelines for the Council Job Retention Allowance Subsidy (JRA Guidelines)
- Financial Stimulus Eligibility Criteria (Eligibility Criteria) 2020-21; and
- Financial Stimulus Eligibility Return – 2020-21 (FSER).
- The JRA Guidelines, Eligibility Criteria and FSER provide detailed guidance to assist councils determine their eligibility for the JRA Subsidy for Q1.
- Councils are encouraged to submit the FSER to access the JRA Subsidy.
- OLG will inform councils of the outcome of its assessment of the FSER.
- All councils should have submitted their funding agreement to benefit from the Stimulus Package.
- The JRA Guidelines, Eligibility Criteria and FSER are available for download from the COVID-19 page on OLG’s website and the Council Portal page.
- A council’s FSER will be its application for the JRA Subsidy.
- The FSER should be completed and emailed to FSER@olg.nsw.gov.au by 14 August 2020. Late submissions will be considered but may delay payment of the JRA Subsidy.
- Councils who do not wish to access the JRA do not need to submit a FSER.
Where to go for further information
- Councils should contact OLG’s Performance Team about the Eligibility Criteria and the FSER, and their Council Engagement Manager about the Stimulus Package or in relation to other COVID-19 matters.
Local Government, Planning and Policy