20-36 End of Year Financial Reporting 2019-20
|Category: Circular to Councils||Status: Active|
|Circular Details:||Contact: Performance Team / 02 4428 4100 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Previous Circular: 19-15 19-15 End of Year Financial Reporting 2018-19||Attachments: Annexure 1 – For councils and |
Annexure 2 – For JOs
|Who should read this: General Managers / Finance & Rating Staff / JO Executive||Action required: Councils and Joint Organisations to apply the 2018-19 end of year financial reporting arrangements.|
|PDF Version:||Council Circular 20-36 – PDF|
What’s new or changing
- End of year financial reporting information for 2019-20.
What this will mean for your council
- Councils and Joint Organisations need to review the attached end of year financial reporting information and apply it when completing the Financial Statements and Financial Data Return (FDR).
- Annexure 1 provides information to assist councils prepare 2019-20 Financial Statements.
- Annexure 2 provides information to assist joint organisations (JO) prepare 2019-20 Financial Statements.
- The Financial Data Return (FDR) will be sent under separate cover with an explanatory email and is available on the Council Portal of OLG’s website.
- The Financial Statements and FDR are to be sent electronically to OLG by 30 November 2020. Detailed instructions on how and where to email these are included in the Annexures.
- GST certificates should be emailed to email@example.com (see Circular 05-26 & 11-23).
Where to go for further information
- The Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting (Code) – Update No. 28 is available on OLG’s website at https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/councils/council-finances/financial-reporting/local-government-code-of-accounting-practice-and-financial-reporting/
- Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting Circular 20-11, issued 30 March 2020 at https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/council-circulars/20-11-final-code-of-accounting-practice-and-financial-reporting-update-28-including-joint-organisations-supplement/
Deputy Secretary, Local Government, Planning and Policy