22-24 Consultation on draft Model Media Policy
|Circular No 22-24 / 31 August 2022 / A832194
|21-08 Consultation on draft Model Social Media and Councillor and Staff Interaction Policies and on the development of a Model Media Policy
|Who should read this
|Councillors / General Managers / All council staff
|Council Governance / (02) 4428 4100 / email@example.com
|Response to OLG
|22-24 Consultation on draft Model Media Policy – PDF
What’s new or changing
- The Office of Local Government (OLG) has issued a consultation draft of a Model Media Policy.
- OLG is seeking the views of councils and other stakeholders on the consultation draft prior to finalising the model policy.
- The model policy has been developed drawing on best practice across the local government sector.
- The model policy will not be mandatory, and councils will be free to choose whether to use the policy or to adapt it for their own purposes. If adopted, the policy will operate to supplement the provisions of councils’ adopted codes of conduct.
What this will mean for your council
- OLG is inviting submissions from councils and other stakeholders on the consultation draft of the Model Media Policy.
- The draft Model Media Policy is available on OLG’s website here.
- Submissions may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions should be labelled “Model Media Policy” and marked to the attention of OLG’s Council Governance Team.
- Submissions should be made before 26 October 2022.
Where to go for further information
- For further information, contact OLG’s Council Governance Team on (02) 4428 4100 or by email to email@example.com