Information about Community Events
Well-managed events are an important part of vibrant local communities, contributing to social and economic benefits to communities and NSW as a whole. Click on the links below for information and resources for councils to develop an events management policy to help communities to manage safe and successful events.
- Ministerial Circular 15-02 – Support for the RSL during Centenary of ANZAC Commemorations – PDF
- Council Circular 11-42 – Developing a Council Community Events Policy – A Toolkit for NSW Councils
- Developing a Council Community Events Policy – A Toolkit for NSW Councils (2011) – PDF
Further information and resources on community events management are available at: http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/programs_and_services/events.
The NSW Government is committed to supporting screen production and making NSW film-friendly. Click on the links below for information about this commitment and the Local Government Filming Protocol which aims to balance the interests of councils and communities while supporting the film industry.
- Premier’s Memorandum M2014-04 Making NSW Film Friendly
- Council Circular 09-11 – Local Government Filming Protocol
- Local Government Filming Protocol (2009) – PDF
Further information and resources on filming are available at: www.screen.nsw.gov.au.
Click on the links below for information about the role of councils in relation to fireworks events.
- Circular 08-66 – Guidelines for Fireworks Events
- Section 23A Guidelines for Council when Notification of a Fireworks Event is Received