Promoting Better Practice in local government
The Promoting Better Practice program aims to assist in strengthening the local government sector by assessing council performance, promoting continuous improvement, facilitating self-assessment, and sharing better practice.
Promoting better practice includes:
- working with councils to identify, share and promote better practice with an emphasis on:
- strategic community planning
- efficient and effective service delivery
- quality governance and ethical conduct
- financial sustainability.
- working cooperatively with councils to promote strong relationships within the sector.
- providing councils with feedback on areas requiring improvement or further development, and assisting them in developing solutions.
- identifying trends and issues arising from council reviews to support policy and legislative changes for the local government sector.
- encouraging and facilitating innovation by responding creatively to identified trends and issues.