Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Skip to content

Disputing a parking fine issued by a local council

If you wish to contest a penalty notice issued to you by a local council, you should refer to the penalty notice form as this should contain information on your options. These options may include:

  • Requesting an internal review by the council - councils are able to exercise discretion in withdrawing a penalty notice at any time up until an enforcement order is issued by the State Debt Recovery Office (not all councils have internal review processes).

  • Requesting a review of the penalty notice by the State Debt Recovery Office - see for more information and guidelines.

  • Choosing to have the matter heard in a court - a list of NSW local courts, including contact details and services, can be found on the Department of Attorney General and Justice website at:

Back to top